According to NACCHO’s MAPP User Handbook:
“During the Formulate Goals and Strategies phase of the MAPP Process, the student will take the strategic issues identified in the previous phase and formulate goal statements related to those issues. They, then, identify broad strategies (objectives) for addressing issues and achieving goals related to the community’s vision. The result is the development and adoption of an interrelated set of strategy statements.” (NACCHO, n.d.)
The student will provide:
- Identify the risk factors, contributing factors, barriers and resources needed to address the health problems. The student may use the plan worksheet provided by the instructor (file attached). A narrative of each of the factors should be included in the paper.
- Develop one SMART outcome, impact and process objective (a total of three objectives) to address the health issue, related to the listed risk factors, contributing factors and available resources.
- Prepare a Health Planning Grid or a logic model to illustrate the plan. Templates of health planning grids and logic models are attached.
- Your paper should be typed, up to five (5) pages in length, and follow the APA Style which includes using a cover page, one inch margins, double spaced, and 12 inch Times New Roman font with a reference page.
Suggestions for Data Sources:
- MAPP Handbook – Phase 5
- Kellogg Logic Model Workbook (File attached)
- Researched data and information found for the city of Niles in Illinois.
MPH Competencies Applied:
MPH Competency #4: Demonstrate ethical competencies in the community health analysis and plan.
MPH Competency #5: Demonstrate management competencies in the community health analysis and plan.
MPH Competency #8: Demonstrate cultural competence and address health disparities in the community health analysis and plan.
MPH Competency #9: Demonstrate health policy competencies in the community health policy and plan.
MPH Competency #10: Demonstrate social and behavioral competencies in the community health analysis and plan.
MPH Competency #11: Synthesize the core competencies in the community health analysis and plan.