Assignment: Initiatives in Strategic Health Care Organizations
The old adage, “form follows function” describes considering the importance of what you are trying to accomplish before you decide how to get there. It is important to remember that you have to have the will to improve, ideas about alternatives to the status quo, and make it real—execute (Nolan, 2007).
In this Discussion, you will describe strategic health care quality initiatives in two organizations attempting to accomplish their goals and objectives in quality improvement. You will also examine the purpose of the initiatives(s) and share the issues and opportunities for improvement, as well as address any elements crucial to improving quality in your health care organization or one you are familiar with.
Read and review the resources in the Learning Resources section as they relate to initiatives in strategic health care organizations.
SelectONE organization from each of the TWO groups listed:
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
- ANCC Magnet Recognition Program
- Baldrige Performance Excellence Program
- The Leapfrog Group
In a 3- to 4-page paper (excluding title page and references):
- Describe strategic health care quality initiatives in two of the organizations. Compareand contrast the purposes of the initiatives.
- Analyze strategic quality issues and opportunities for improvement within the two organizations.
- Evaluatewhich elements of the initiatives are crucial to the quality-improvement opportunities of your health care organization or an organization with which you are familiar.