In a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document, express your views on the following:
- Describe at least three (community, state, or national) organizations that are committed to improving access to healthcare for women and minorities. Also, identify the primary stakeholders of each organization as well as their target audiences.
- Describe the mission statement of each organization and discuss the activities that each organization practices to decrease the barriers to healthcare access for women and/or minorities.
- Are these strategies effective? Why or why not? If you were to design an intervention to address barriers to healthcare access who would your target audience be and why? What strategies would your intervention include?
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Understanding cultural phenomena is essential to the completion of an accurate and holistic health assessment. Please review a cultural group from Table 2-3 (p. 20) from your text and describe the cultural differences pertinent to that group (you may have to do some additional searching). Remember, the table may not include all cultural groups. Let’s try to include all the countries within the groups listed in the discussion, so please do not choose a group that has already been done. To expedite this, please use the group name in the title of your post.
Jarvis, C. (2016). Physical examination & health assessment (7th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Saunders.
- Chapter 1: Evidence-Based Assessment
- Chapter 2: Cultural Competence: Cultural Care
- Chapter 4: The Complete Health History
Healthy People 2020: http://www.healthypeople.gov