Apart from meeting the basic components of fitness including flexibility, muscle strength, and cardio-respiratory endurance, the complementary movement therapies such as yoga, tai chi, and chi gung support health and wellness. Choose one of the complementary movement therapies and discuss how it supports health and wellness. Cite sources from the readings or online library.
When considering using a touch therapy in the care of your client, one of the issues that should be considered is that of the comfort level about using touch on the part of both the patient and the nurse. By using touch, the nurse will enter the personal space of the patient. Discuss three ways you can incorporate touch into your daily practice. Identify one way that a person may react as you enter their personal space either with your touch or a close personal presence, and how can you address this issue? Include a personal experience you have had when using touch. Cite sources from the readings or online library.
Telemedicine: Benefits and Challanges
Telemedicine can be extremely beneficial for people living in isolated regions and is currently being applied in virtually all medical domains. To address major health issues related to affordability, access, and quality of care, healthcare providers need to consider telemedicine as a reliable option when access to traditional medicine is difficult and out of reach. Healthcare providers, however, must consider legal and ethical issues when planning, designing, and implementing telemedicine. Key among these issues are those of patient confidentiality, privacy, data security, and transmission.
- How does telemedicine differ from the traditional medicine?
- What are other legal or ethical issues involved in telemedicine?
- Which of these issues, in your opinion, will be the most difficult to address?
- What technologies or infrastructure are necessary for the successful practice of telemedicine?
- What obstacles can prevent healthcare providers from seeing telemedicine as a reliable option, even when access to traditional medicine is difficult or out of reach?
Drawing on course readings or outside scholarly sources, support your answer with references, examples, and clear rationales.