- For the given fact below, which subsequent true/false statement is true?
Fact: Mel received a C+ in Chemistry.
- Mel does not like chemistry
- Mel did pass the class
- Mel did not achieve a passing grade for the class
- Mel took math this semester
2.) What percentage of people eat fruits and vegetables and abstain from smoking, but do not partake in physical activity?
3.) Indicate the most appropriate if-then statement that the English sentence represents:
People 18 or older can vote in a Federal election.
- If a person is 18 years old or older, then the person can vote in Federal elections.
- If a person is 18 years old or younger, then the person can vote in Federal elections.
- If a person does not vote in a Federal election, they are not 18 years old or older.
- No if-then statement would cover this situation.
4.) Given: If X, then not Y. If not Y, then Z.
Y is true. So:
- X is unknown, Z is unknown
- X is unknown, Z is true
- X is false, Z is unknown
- X is true, Z is true
5.) Using everyday knowledge, which of the following statements is an if-then statement whose reverse is not correct?
- if the TV is unplugged, then the TV will not turn on.
- If the light bulb was just turned off, then the light bulb is not hot.
- If a car is put into reverse, the car should move backwards.
- If the sun is shining, then the weather is hot.
6.) Using everyday knowledge, indicate whether the if-then statements are correct forward-only or both forward and reverse.
Statement 1: If Bob is Sally’s spouse, then Sally is Bob’s spouse.
Statement 2: If the light is red Northbound, then the traffic is stopped.
7.) Given: If A AND B, then C. Given: The if-then statement’s reverse isalso correct.
If A is True, B is True, what is C?
8.) What pages will be favored for the following search terms:
Chevrolet AND Corvette
9.) The rules for a football player receiving a yellow flag for pass interference are as follows:
IF a defensive player
Holds the receiving player back from moving forward to catch the pass
OR pushes the receiving player away from the pass
OR does not look back toward the incoming ball
OR trips the player intentionally
OR grabs the receiving players arm before the ball arrives
THEN the player should receive a yellow flag and and the ball is placed at the spot of the pass interference.
If the defensive player follows very closely to receiving player without impeding his forward progress, does look back up the field to track the incoming pass, but the receiving player does not catch the ball, then the defensive player:
10.) Given the true/false statements are true (facts), select the best logical induction made from those statements:
Betsy likes oranges. Jose does not like oranges. Benjamin likes oranges.