Your teacher will provide you with a case study. Create a PowerPoint presentation (15 slides) that summarizes or provides an overview of the information in your assigned case study. Focus on making the presentation interesting to your audience—do not get too detailed.
The content of the presentation must include the following points:
- A summary of the case study –what happened?
- Who’s involved?
- Give a brief overview of the company – Who are they? What are the main products? Prepare a five year analysis of either their total revenue, net income or earnings per share based on the information filed with the SEC. (This information must be in the form of graphs and charts)
- What does the company’s current and future business prospects look like?
Important Procedures and Expectations for All Students:
- Create an agenda slide that follows your first slide—the title slide.
- At the beginning of the presentation you must provide the audience with a brief formal introduction of yourself and any helpful information concerning your personal background.
- All slides should be numbered
- Your presentation should be a min of 5 minutes and a max of 10 minutes in length and you should be ready to respond to two questions from your audience.
Project Competencies: Critical Thinking, Oral Communication, Technological Expertise, and Positive Work Ethic.
Critical Thinking: Each student will determine through critical thought the appropriate mix of techniques to use in preparing a visually creative and appealing presentation.
Oral Communication: Each student will orally present his/her work. Plan a minimum of five minutes for each presentation
Technical Expertise: The presentation will demonstrate the level of technological expertise achieved in using PowerPoint software
Positive Work Ethic: Student displays ability to work in groups, displays a positive attitude towards others.
Information Literacy: Student will use knowledge of research techniques to support information needs for the presentation.
References:: Minimum of three (3) references
Each presentation has to contain 12 slides not including the Title Slide and the Agenda slide. with the following layouts and enhancements. Except for the title slid and agenda, these slides need not be in any particular order:
- Title slide (first slide)
- Agenda (second slide)
- Bulleted List
- Object (Bar Chart/Graph)
- Object over text (or text over object)
- Organizational Chart/Diagram
- Table (enhanced)
- Text and Clip Art (Graphic)
- Two Column Text
- Two Objects and Text
- Add Photo as Slide Background
- Source Text Boxes – 3D effect
- Pie Chart (Exploding with Leader Lines)
Each presentation has to incorporate the following techniques:
- Apply Design template (or Custom Background)
- Insert page numbers on all slides ( except the Title Slide)
- Insert Page numbers on Handout Notes
- Insert a Hyperlink to a document of your choice in relation to the topic of your presentation (do not link to the Internet)
- Apply slide transition.
- Apply custom animation, animations schemes to text, objects and clipart, graphics.
- Dimming Effect to text on at least two slides
- Limited sound effects
- Citation of sources on the slide (minimum three sources)
- Speaker Notes
- Seven by Seven (7X7) rule must apply. (Each slide should have a max of 7 lines, and each line should have a max of 7 words.
Each presentation must have a hard copy of speaker notes which correspond to the delivery of the presentation. On the speaker notes indicate the layout, enhancement and technique being used and the number of the slide.
Process of submitting the Project includes the following steps:
- Cover page for the project with the name of the student, name of the instructor, course code and title, name of the project
- *Reflection Letter (see requirements for content)
- Slide with the agenda for the presentation
- Printout of the presenter’s speaker notes for each slide—should be detailed
- Printout of the Handouts (4 per page and with the student name in the handout footer)
- Reference table for the required items. (Each box must be completed with slide number, transition, and custom animation/scheme.
Example of the Reference Table
(Slide Layouts need not be in any particular order except for title slide, and agenda)
|Slide Number||Slide Layout||Slide Transition||Custom Animation/Scheme|
|1||Title slide||Box Out||Text – Faded Zoom|
|2||Agenda||Cover Down||Text – Compress|
|Object (bar chart or graph)|
|Organizational Chart /Diagram|
|Text and Clip Art (graphic)|
|Two Objects and Text|
|Object over text (or text over object)|
|Two Column Text|
|Add photo as slide background|
|Pie Chart (exploding with leader lines)|
|Source text boxes – 3D Effect|
*Reflection Letter: Design a business letter addressed to your instructor that answers the following questions: Create a paragraph to answer each question. 1) What new techniques did you learn in this class regarding your presentation skills? Why are they important to you? 2) What new PowerPoint techniques did you learn? 3) Do you have any suggestions that might have improved your learning experience? Sign your letter.