Operations are composed of many different processes to fulfill customer needs and requirements. The value chain is a higher-level view of those processes from a customer view. In order to meet customer requirements like quality and cycle time, organizations need to identify the value chain, subprocesses and measures needed to meet the customer needs.
Consider a process from an organization you are familiar with. In 500-750 words, complete the following:
- Identify the steps in the high-level value chain required to fulfill the customer requirements from beginning to end.
- From the high-level value chain steps, identify the operational subprocesses.
- Identify those metrics that the organization should monitor at both the value chain level and subprocess level.
- Based upon the process you described above, if an organization needs to improve a process within the value chain, how would you analyze the process and metrics to know that the process is not working
- Explain what steps the organization could take based upon your analysis for value chain improvement.