Nursing homework help
Leader Interview Questions
For this assignment, you will interview a nursing leader about his or her relationship to leadership theory. This may be a CNO, Nursing Director, Assistant Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager, or permanent charge nurse in either a hospital or clinic setting. The interview should last between 30 and 60 minutes, and should address the Interview questions below.
Submit a 5-7 page academic paper about your leadership interview. The paper should include the following components:
- An introduction including the name and title of your interviewee, as well as a brief overview of his or her background
- The body of the paper discussing the interview responses
- A conclusion describing what you learned from the interview and how you will carry it forward into your nursing practice
- A reference page in APA format (if references are used)
Nursing homework help
- What are your main responsibilities as a…?
- What type of leader are you? Authoritative,Laissez-Faire, Transformational, Transactional or Strategic? Why?
- Does this type of leadership style fit well with the nursing staff?
- What is a typical day (or week) like for you?
- What do you like most about your work?
- What do you like least about your work?
- What kinds of problems do you deal with?
- What kinds of decisions do you make?
- How does your position fit within the organization?
- How does your job affect your general lifestyle?
- What current issues and trends in nursing should I know about/be aware of?
- What kinds of accomplishments tend to be valued and rewarded in this field?
- How did you become interested in this field?
- How did you begin your career?
- What kind of additional education, training, or background does your job require?
- What skills, abilities, and personal attributes are essential to success in your job/this field?
- What are the most effective strategies for seeking a position in this field?
- Can you recommend journals, magazines or professional associations which would be helpful for my professional development?
- If you could do it all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself? If not, what would you change?
- What advice would you give someone who is considering this type of job (or field)? Nursing homework help