Details of Task:
1. Review the media (news stories from printed or digital media, television, radio, or web-based sources) and choose a recent (within the last 6-months) topical health issue. For example from http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/, or
2. Outline your knowledge of the impacts of historical, society, culture, and political factors affecting the issue. You might want to use concept mapping or reflective writing to help organise your thoughts.
3. Review your textbook and readings for discussion about key influences related to the issue. Also, search journal databases using key terms (e.g., the health issue and the influencing factors) to find other commentaries about the health issue
4. Translate your knowledge into a 5-minute script.
5. After practising your oral presentation, record your presentation using a digital device (e.g. your smartphone, tablet, pc or video recorder). You can borrow some of these devices from the library.
6. Complete the 750-word summary by translating your script into an essay. Upload the essay as an attachment to the Video Vault link for marking. Do not load your script without changing the style to an academic essay. Please refer to the library style guide for the academic essay formatting.