NR532 Week 3 Strategic Planning Assignment Latest 2018 April
Week 3: Strategic Planning Assignment
The Strategic Planning Assignment must be submitted by Sunday 11:59 p.m. at the end of Week 3. The guidelines and grading rubric are located below and in the Course Resources.
The purposes of this assignment are to: (a) identify and articulate key concepts of your strategic plan in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner and (b) provide empirical, scholarly evidence to support your proposed plan.
CO 1: Evaluate and develop organizational strategic plans (SP) in relation to patient safety, economic and quality outcomes of healthcare organizations and systems. (PO 1)
CO 5: Synthesize and communicate research finding to promote quality improvement and safety in healthcare. (PO 1, 4)
Total Points Possible: 200
1. This paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
2. Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
3. Submit by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
4. The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages WILL NOT be read by the instructor and WILL NOT count toward your grade.
5. APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment.Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See APA manual for details. See Course Resources for: “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.” Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
1. Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
2. Key concepts of strategic plan
4. Supporting evidence
Preparing the paper
You are the nurse executive of a healthcare organization. To ensure the organization's success, you must develop a strategic plan scenario to address the nursing shortage in an area of your choice. Please ensure no identifying names are used in your scenario.
1. Clear introduction of your strategic plan in the introduction paragraph; including a sentence that states the purpose of your paper.
2. Clearly articulate key concepts of your strategic plan, which include
o stating whom will be involved in the strategic-planning process and your rationale(s) for including each role; and
o using a SWOT analysis approach, discuss strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats you must consider internal and external to the organization. A table is acceptable if you prefer to use this format for your SWOT analysis information.
1. State your top two priorities, based on your SWOT analysis, to address the nursing shortage for your organization from your strategic plan.
2. Include of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that support your strategic plan.
3. Provide concluding statements for your overall assignment content.
4. The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).
Note: If you go over the paper length, the information will not be graded by the instructor.
1. Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format (6th edition).
2. Use 12 Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.