NR443 Week 6 Discussion Latest 2018 March
Week 6: Environmental Health
9696 unread replies.109109 replies.
This week's graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO6 Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach to address factors that influence the health of a community and population health problems. (PO 2)
Visit the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's MyEnvironment site at http://www.epa.gov/myenvironment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and enter your city and state, ZIP code, or location into the location box. Explore the site to learn more about your environment and things that might be impacting the health of its citizens.
- Identify something new you learned about your environment and how it could be affecting health by completing this statement: “I didn't know _____.”
- How could you, in the role of a community health nurse, address these concerns?
Optional: For more environmental health information, you can also visit the following websites.
- Environmental health tracking: http://ephtracking.cdc.gov/InfoByLocation/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Air quality: http://www.airnow.gov/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Toxic release inventory: http://www.epa.gov/toxics-release-inventory-tri-program (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.