NR443 Week 5 Discussion Latest 2018 March
Week 5: Disaster and Communicable Disease Preparedness
7878 unread replies.103103 replies.
This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO3 Plan prevention and population-focused interventions for vulnerable populations using professional clinical judgment and evidence-based practice. (POs 4 and 8)
- CO6 Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach to address factors that influence the health of a community and population health problems. (PO 2)
Preparing for disasters, terrorist threats, or communicable disease outbreaks is an important part of public health nursing. Visit the websites http://www.ready.gov (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and http://www.ready.gov/pandemic (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Review the steps for being prepared for a disaster or pandemic.
- Choose a natural or man-made disaster that could impact your community and discuss how a CHN can help the community to prepare or respond to this disaster.
- Choose a potential infectious disease outbreak and discuss how a CHN can help to prevent or respond to an outbreak.
- How well is your community prepared for a potential outbreak or disaster?
Federal Emergency Management Agency. (2016). Ready: Prepare. Plan. Stay Informed. Retrieved from http://www.ready.gov/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
Federal Emergency Management Agency. (2016). Pandemic. Retrieved from http://www.ready.gov/pandemic (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..