NR443 Week 3 Discussion Latest 2018 March
Week 3: Caring for Vulnerable Populations
8787 unread replies.109109 replies.
This week's graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO3 Plan prevention and population-focused interventions for vulnerable populations using professional clinical judgment and evidence-based practice. (POs 4 and 8)
- CO4 Evaluate the delivery of care for individuals, families, aggregates, and communities based on theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines. (PO 1)
Review the Week 3 Case Study (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..This case study focuses on a vulnerable young woman who is facing many risk factors.
- Discuss several risk factors that may impact health outcomes for vulnerable populations.
Assurance is one of the three core functions of public health. Find a resource in your community(other than WIC) that could assist Mary during her pregnancy. Start by searching the Internet for your local health department's website. What services does it provide for pregnant women, those living in poverty, or those with mental health concerns? What about your local welfare office? Does it provide prenatal or mental health services? Are there any service organizations, crisis pregnancy centers, or churches providing help for pregnant women or those experiencing mental health concerns? (The Internet, your local newspaper, and the telephone book may also help you locate resources.)
- Briefly describe the types of services that you found.
- Choose one agency and assess this agency in terms of the 4 A's. Is it accessible, acceptable, affordable, or available for Mary or other pregnant women that you case manage?
- Are there adequate resources for other vulnerable populations in your community?