This assignment requires students to develop a report of no more than 1500 words (excluding the abstract, references or any included figures or tables) on the following topic:
Overweight and obesity – a global problem
The report should be divided into sections that include:
* a summary or abstract
* an introduction or background to the topic,
* the size, nature and distribution of the problem (e.g. by population groups or geographic
* the leading determinants of the health problem and if there are any gaps in our
understanding of these determinants,
* the barriers and opportunities for prevention, and
* a brief discussion or conclusion.
The inclusion of figures or tables is not required, however, if included there must be no more than two (2) of each. They must each have a title and the source must be identified and included in
the reference list.
It is expected that the report will reflect the relevant required readings for the lectures on defining and measuring health, the determinants of health, the social determinants of health, and
lectures relevant to the chosen topic. It is hoped that students will also make use of the recommended readings. Superior reports will also draw on additional recent and relevant articles or
reports that have been found as part of your research on this topic.
Articles to be used in assignment will be attached in additional files.