Mental health professionals often work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. In this paper, discuss the purpose of the team, boundaries that leaders must be aware of, and elements that impact the effectiveness of the team.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a 1,000-1,250-word paper discussing the multidisciplinary team concept in behavioral health care. Include the following in your paper:
- The purpose of the multidisciplinary team in developing a comprehensive treatment plan for a patient.
- The role that the mental health leader plays in the team process.
- The boundaries of which the mental health leader must be aware and why.
- The three elements that impact the overall effectiveness of the team.
- The tasks the mental health leader must do to ensure a positive result for the team.