Perform an episode analysis of the information delivered in this episode about the future that our children face and how we can build healthier communities for them, as discussion in the Designing Healthy Communities text.
Episode Two – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFdnmX3jGs
Watch the video and look at the suggestions there for improving health in your own community. Once you are satisfied with your review of the episode, write an essay that addresses the following questions:
- Summarize the episode in 100 words or less.
- What information about Dr. Jackson, author of your textbook, were you able to find? What are his credentials? What drove him to create this TV series and textbook discussing the built environment of communities and their effect on public health?
- Critique the information. Do you feel that the information presented is valid and easy to understand?
- What information does the episode offer about public-health problems? Consider, for example: whether it provides details on how public health can be characterized and measured; and whether it describes common hazards and afflictions affecting modern Americans and American communities.
- What information does the episode offer about the nature of communities? Consider whether it provides details on how communities may be altered to improve public health.
- What information was missing from the episode? How could the content be improved? What would you like to see in future episodes?
Your essay should be 1 page in length, well written, and formatted perAPA Requirements. Remember to use APA style for any references that require citation.