- Think about the clinical environment where you work or one in which you previously worked.
Identify opportunities for waste reduction. Consider the following:
- Setting: administrative, operational, clinical
- Value to patient
- Suggest process changes to improve the situation.
Write a 175-word communication to frontline staff and nurse leaders explaining your findings.
Develop a 7- to 10-slide presentation for your department.
- (Reducing and eliminating waste is essential to managing resources. Waste in health care can take many forms: materials, unneeded transport of people or items from one place to another, inventories, wait times, employees working on processes that are not valuable to the customer, arduous processes, re-work due to incompetence or lack of organization, and incorrect staff staffing levels.
- The Institute for Health Improvement (IHI) developed a Hospital Inpatient Waste Identification tool.)
- Review the IHI resources to better understand some of the ways you can affect waste as a nurse and nurse leader.
Also: In a separate paper
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- -In the current U.S. health care system, is health care a right or a privilege?
- -Do you think health care should be a right or a privilege?
Support your stance with two scholarly articles
Please cite with at least 1 source using APA format.